Fruit is as healthy as fresh vegetables. The big difference is that fruit contains natural sugars. Fortunately, they are much healthier than added sugars, but they remain sugars. Vary as much as possible when eating fruits. In a healthy diet, you eat no more than three different pieces of fruit daily. If you want to do something about your excess weight, limit your daily fruit consumption to just one piece. Fruits low in carbohydrates are not only healthy. It helps you lose weight easier. Eating low-carbohydrate fruits is not a panacea. Only if you fit it into a healthy and natural diet will it relieve you of your excess weight faster. Many who want to lose weight quickly eliminate fruits from their daily diet due to the presence of natural fruit sugars. Unjustifiably because fruit stays super healthy. You just don’t eat it unlimited like fresh vegetables.
What kinds of fruits contain the least carbohydrates?
Fresh fruits and vegetables form the basis of any healthy diet. Yet there is an important difference between the two. Fresh vegetables are rich in all healthy nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber and contain little or no calories. The more vegetables you eat, the better. Dietitians do not recommend eating at least 300 (and preferably more) grams of raw and boiled vegetables daily. That’s not the case with fruit.
Fruit contains natural fruit sugars
Unlike fresh vegetables, fruit naturally has fruit sugars on board. That doesn’t make fruit any less healthy. It is equally rich in vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. And natural fruit sugars are much healthier than added sugars. They are sugars, and we always have to be careful about that. Also, with sugars of natural origin. That certainly does not mean that you will not be allowed to eat fruit from now on, quite the contrary. You don’t eat it unlimited like fresh vegetables. In a healthy diet to lose weight, you can eat no more than three different pieces of fruit per day. This way you can enjoy all the health benefits that fruit delivers to us. Fruits with low carbohydrates fit in every healthy diets, even if you want to lose weight healthy and easy.
Fruit contains many good nutrients
Such as vitamins and minerals and it gives you a feeling of satiety. It cannot be denied that fruit contains carbohydrates, but there is a difference between the different types of fruit. Fruits with little carbohydrates are converted into glucose Nutrition without carbohydrates is difficult to find. Even the most healthy vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes contain carbohydrates. Our body converts it into glucose (sugar).
Lose weight easily and healthily only in a healthy and natural diet. Not only with lots of protein as in senseless crash diets. In addition to proteins, you also need enough healthy fats and (slow) carbohydrates. To quickly lose excess weight, many choose a diet without carbohydrates. That’s not a good idea. The right carbohydrates are indispensable as a source of energy and dietary fiber. In order to lose weight healthy, you certainly eat not carbohydrate free but low-carbohydrate with slow carbohydrates.
These are mainly found in:
- Fresh vegetables and especially green leafy vegetables:spinach, endive, all kinds of green lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, all green cabbage varieties, paksoi, Chinese cabbage, sprouts, garden and watercress
- Whole grain grains: and especially oats, bran, buckwheat, bulgar, quinoa, millet, whole wheat and rye
- Whole grain products:such as wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, non-woven rice, brown rice, whole grain couscous
- Legumes:think first peas, beans, vegetable germs, corn, Capuchin, currants, lentils and chickpeas
- Dairy and dairy products:milk, natural yogurt and cottage cheese without additives
Fruit low in carbohydrates: three types of sugarWith glucose, fructose and sucrose, we find three types of sugars in fruit.
Is by far the favorite nutrient of our body and especially of our brains, body cells and of our muscles.
Fruit low in carbohydrates: Fructose
This kind of sugar is processed exclusively by our liver. Fructose derived from fruit does not adversely affect our health or body weight. Only added fructose such as ‘high fructose corn syrup’ or agave should be avoided as much as possible.
Sucrose or table sugar
Is present in some fruit varieties. Our body contains an enzyme that breaks down sucrose into glucose and fructose.
Fruits low in carbohydrates, lots of water and dietary fiber
In addition to an amount of carbohydrates, fruits are especially rich in water, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. Keep in mind that these carbohydrates are also seen as sugars. There are important between soluble and non-soluble fibers. Insoluble fibers are not absorbed by your body. Unlike carbohydrates (sugars), these insoluble dietary fibers have no effect on your blood sugar level.
Fruits with low carbohydrates fit perfectly into a healthy diet In addition to all healthy nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber to maintain healthy functioning, fruit quickly gives you a long-lasting satisfaction. This reduces your appetite, making you eat less and lose weight quickly.
Fruit low in carbohydrates
- Cantaloupe, sugar and honey melon
- All kinds of berries
Fruits with an average amount of carbohydrates:
Fruit with most carbohydrates
- Passion fruit
So eat your fruits with low carbohydrate
- Eat fresh fruits and replace it not with fruit and juices. Which contain less fiber and are high in added sugars in a healthy diet can not eat more than three pieces of fresh fruit per day.
- In a low-carb diet you get fruit consumption is limited to one piece and in a strict low-carb diet to a half piece of fruit. Prefer fresh seasonal fruit.
- A homemade smoothie contains only a few pieces of fresh fruit alongside many vegetables. That counts for total vegetable consumption per day.
- Try to avoid eating dried fruit. That is much richer in carbohydrates (sugar).
- Red fruit contains the smallest amount of carbohydrates
- Eat regularly avocado. Rich in healthy fats and carbohydrates only.